What personal information do we collect?
- We collect information that you provide to us directly, when you contact us via mail or email or sign up for our newsletter, including your name, contact information, year of birth, province of residence, and the content of your communications.
Why do we collect personal information and how is it used?
- We use the information that you provide to us for the purpose of responding to your communications, sending our newsletter (if you have signed up for it), and improving our products and services.
- Your year of birth and province of residence are used to verify that we can send you promotional materials that you have signed up to receive, since each province has specific rules that are based on your age.
- The information that is collected automatically when you visit our website is used in aggregate and de-identified form to operate, maintain, evaluate and improve the site, send push notifications, and enhance your experience when visiting our site.
Is personal information shared or disclosed?
- We use a Service Provider to send out our newsletter, which has access to some of the information we collect, and we may disclose certain information in the event of a Business Transaction.
- Information may also be disclosed to law enforcement, courts and regulatory authorities where required or permitted by applicable law.
What are the risks?
- Although we take steps to safeguard the personal information under our control, "perfect security" does not exist. In particular, we cannot guarantee the security of information communicated to us via email. It is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access such information.
What else should you know?
- We use Service Providers in other countries to store the information that we collect. This means that your information may be transferred to, or stored in, another country and accessible to foreign courts, law enforcement and national security authorities.
- You can contact us with questions, complaints or to access and/or correct your personal information.
Personal information is any information that directly or indirectly identifies you. It does not include information that is publicly available, as defined by applicable laws.
Who Are We?
Natura Naturals is a Canadian producer of medical cannabis, which is currently licensed for cultivation by Health Canada in accordance with the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- Information you voluntarily provide to us
We collect the information that you voluntarily provide to us, when you sign up for our newsletter or contact us via email or mail. Such information may include your name, email address, year of birth, province of residence, and/or mailing address, depending upon the means by which you contact us, as well as the contents of any communications you send to us.
- Website Usage Information
We automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our website. We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, and similar technologies like single-pixel GIFs and web beacons (collectively, “tracking technologies”). For example, we may collect information such as your domain name, browser type, operating system, IP address, web pages viewed while visiting our site, links clicked, length of time spent on our website, and reference website from which you accessed the site. We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools like Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the website and to understand more about the demographics of our users. In gathering this information we are able to enhance your experience when visiting our website.
A "cookie" is a text file that is sent to your computer or device and from your computer each time you use the site. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may be able to disable them. Although this may provide you with enhanced anonymity, it may affect the functioning of our website. Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our users, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track signals set by your browser at this time.
Why Do We Collect Personal Information and How Is It Used?
We primarily use the information that you provide to us to respond to your enquiries and/or send you our newsletter (if you have signed up for it). To the extent that we receive feedback on our products and services, we may also use that information for internal business purposes, such as to improve those products and services.
We also collect the year of birth and province of residence of any person who subscribes to our newsletter. Natura Naturals is subject to strict regulations applicable to sending promotional materials to minors. These rules vary by province. Therefore, we need to know your age and province of residence in order to ensure that we comply with age verification requirements.
The information that is automatically collected from users of our website is used to improve visitors’ online experience and the operation of our site. This includes assessing use of the website, improving content, and troubleshooting technical difficulties and errors.
Is Personal Information Shared or Disclosed?
Your personal information may be accessed by or disclosed to employees of Natura Naturals who have a need to know such information. Such employees may include marketing staff, managers, and subject matter experts who are knowledgeable on matters related to your enquiry.
We do not sell your personal information, or disclose it to any third party marketers. However, information may be shared or disclosed to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers
There are certain services supplied to us by third parties. Currently, the only service provider used by Natura Naturals that may have access to or possession of the personal information that we collect, store and process, is Mailchimp. Mailchimp provides database management for our newsletter. Please note that Mailchimp stores information in the United States, and so your personal information may be accessible to foreign courts, law enforcement and national security authorities in the U.S.
As our business grows, we may choose to use other service providers in Canada or elsewhere. When we engage a third party service provider to do work for us, we confirm that its privacy and security standards meet our requirements.
We may be involved, from time to time, in transactions to sell all or part of our business or assets or merge with other businesses. Certain information may be relevant to such transactions, in which case we may disclose this information to other parties involved in the transaction. In such cases, the information that is shared is limited to what is necessary to accomplish the transaction, and we take appropriate steps to protect the information from improper use or disclosure. Upon completion of the transaction, your information may be transferred to the purchaser, to be used in the same manner that it was used by Natura Naturals.
There are circumstances where we may collect, use or disclose personal information without notice or consent when required by law or lawful authority. For example, from time to time, we may be compelled by legal action to release information (e.g., statutory reporting obligation, search warrant, court order, bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings etc.). In certain circumstances, we may also be permitted by law to collect, use or disclose information without the consent of the individual concerned. For example, we may disclose personal information without consent to investigate a potential breach of law or contract, to collect on a debt, or in certain emergency situations that threaten the life, health or security of an individual.
How Do We Protect Personal Information
We protect the personal information that you provide to us by limiting access to employees with a need to know the information, and selecting service providers that implement appropriate protections to safeguard the confidentiality and security of the information that they process on our behalf.
Although we take the steps outlined above to safeguard the personal information under our control, "perfect security" does not exist. In particular, without limitation, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to us via email. It is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access such information. If you think someone is impersonating Natura Naturals, that there has been a breach of your privacy, or you believe that you are the victim of fraud, please contact us as soon as possible.
Retention of Personal Information
We generally keep personal information for only as long as it is needed to accomplish the purposes for which it was collected, unless we are permitted by law to retain the information longer for a legal or business purpose.
You can contact us at any time, for reasons such as:
- To access, correct or update your personal information;
- To obtain written information about our policies and practices with respect to service providers outside Canada, or to ask questions about the collection, use, disclosure or storage of personal information by our service providers outside Canada;
- To withdraw consent to continued use and disclosure of personal information.
You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail sent to:
Natura Naturals Corporation
279 Talbot West
Leamington, ON N8H 4H3